We realize that addressing the multidimensional problems faced by society is an uphill task. Nevertheless we have risen to the occasion aided by the sincerity, commitment and tireless efforts of our supporters.
“Swayam Shikshan Prayog (SSP)” is a learning and development organization that brings women and communities from the margin to mainstream and builds their resilience in the face of growing threats from disasters and climate change. Towards fulfilling its mission of sustainable community development, SSP and its promoted social enterprises offer a wide range of skill-building, livelihoods and agriculture and health-enhancing opportunities, to rural women and youth.
More details are available at — http://www.sspindia.org
We have recently embarked on collaboration with “CMCA(Children’s Movement for Civic Awareness)”, a Bangalore based NGO whose mission is to kindle and nurture active citizenship and inculcate democratic values in children and youth and through a ‘ripple effect’, empower and transform society as a whole.
More details are available at — http://www.cmcaindia.org
- Successful completion of CEDE program (2013–2014) in 17 schools.
- CEDE Launched on 1st August 2013.
- First Newsletter Vol.1 published in November 2013
- Parents Empowerment Workshop held across all schools.
- Volunteering Activity held.
- Partnership done with HDFC Ltd. and CMCA.
- Peepal Foundation awareness program was conducted in.
- E‑on IT Park and Symbiosis College Vimangagar.
- We have taught more than 7000+ students till date.
- Through CEDE program we have reached 1300+ PMC students.
- Outreach has grown from 30 children in 2001 to over 5000 underprivileged children and over 200 senior citizens at present.
- We have sponsored more than 1500 children and provided them with books and uniforms as well as school fees for special cases.
- Our development centres in Mumbai and Pune aimed at ensuring low drop-outs and success in examinations so the children could move onto the next grade, proved successful in their intent.
- We encouraged public speaking, holistic development by having competitions and debates in English; thus removing the fear of speaking in English and promoting better language comprehension among these children
- Social graces, morals and ethics are of prime importance in developing good human beings. We encourage and teach good manners, etiquette, habits and morals to ensure development of well rounded individuals.